Weigh-ins took place yesterday afternoon for tonight’s Bellator 18 event from the Monroe Civic Center in Monroe, LA. Several fighters had difficulty making weight for the event. Jay Silva came in one pound over the agreed upon limit, but was given 90 minutes to cut the additional weight. He took the fight on one week’s notice since Paulo Filho couldn’t make the show.
Full weigh in results are as follows:
Main Televised Card
- Hector Lombard (187.1 lbs.) versus Jay Silva (190.9 lbs) – at 190 lbs.
- Wilson Reis (144.8 lbs.) versus Patricio Pitbull (144.4 lbs) – at 145 lbs.
- Georgi Karakhanyan (145.9 lbs.) versus Joe Warren (144.8 lbs.) – at 145 lbs.
- Douglas Williams (237.5 lbs.) versus Shawn Jordan (260.3 lbs.) – at 265 lbs.
Local Feature Fights
- Lamont Stafford (185.8 lbs.) versus Jules Bruchez (184.3 lbs.) – at 185 lbs.
- Jason Anderson (202.7 lbs.) versus William Albrecht (199.5 lbs.) – at 205 lbs.
- Brock Kerry (147.4 lbs.) versus Mike Braswell (147.1 lbs) – at 148 lbs.
- Charlie Rader (171.3 lbs.) versus Christian Fulgium (178.8 lbs.) – at 170 lbs.
Quick Hit: Come on guys, you know you are fighting. All with the exception of Silva, but that’s understandable. And he did eventually make the cut. I just hate it when professionals don’t act like professionals. Just sad.