1. Urijah Faber on scary situation: Urijah Faber discussed the scary situation after he choked out Takeya Mizugaki with MMAJunkie.com. “I didn’t realize he was out that long. I knew he was going out because I could tell how deep it was, but for the most part, I was choking him with one arm – which that’s how I beat Dominick Cruz (in 2007), with one arm. I had it covered, but he kept fighting my hands. I knew he was going out, but I didn’t realize he was that bad. He was stiffed up. It was kind of scary. I looked up, and I was like, ‘What just happened?’” It was a scary moment. Glad Mizugaki is okay. But I love the shot at the current 135lb champion. No time like the present to build hype for what is probably his next fight.
2. WEC 52 Fight Night bonuses: Four fighters earned $10,000 bonuses for their performances at Thursday’s WEC 52 event from the Pearl at the Palms Casino in Las Vegas. Urijah Faber won “Submission of the Night” for his Rear Naked Choke victory, Erik Koch won “Knockout of the Night” for his head-kick KO, and Cub Swanson and Mackens Semerzier took home “Fight of the Night” award. All well deserved. That Swanson/Semerzier bout was on the preliminary portion of the show but got shown on TV because it was a great fight. Good job to all.
3. Tito Ortiz vs. Lil’ Nog: Tatame.com is reporting that a light heavyweight bout between Tito Ortiz and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is in the works for March of 2011, possibly for UFC 128, the UFC’s return to the United Arab Emirates. UFC President Dana White later confirmed to MMAJunkie.com that the bout was being put together. I imagine that this is Tito’s last stand. Hard to say for sure, but he can’t just keep losing. I think this will be a pretty good test to see if he still has it.
4. Lesnar vs. Mir 3: In a Q&A session before UFC 122, Dana White thinks Lesnar/Mir 3 is next. “He never asked for Roy Nelson, that’s not true. The last thing I did hear was that he wants to fight Frank Mir again. That fight kind of makes sense so…We will probably see Lesnar fight Mir next, I think that the rubber match makes sense.” WEAK! I don’t want to see this. I already know how this ends. Lesnar dominated both meetings, he just happened to lose the first time. He’ll dominate this one too. Bring on Nelson!!
5. Rampage calls Machida “boring”: Rampage Jackson talked with Craig Ferguson about his upcoming fight with Lyoto Machida. “I’ve seen him. I’ve watched tapes of him fight. I can’t stay up. He’s so boring I go to sleep, man. It’s hard. No disrespect, he has a real awkward style. He does karate, but he knows Mixed Martial Arts. But he does karate to keep away, he stays like eight feet way from his opponent. He’s got the record for being punched the least out of all MMA fighters, and that’s because he’s never there for you to punch him.” I don’t know about boring. I’m pretty sure he was in a great and exciting fight with Rashad Evans. BOOM! Anyway, check out the interview: